Happy Valentine’s Day everyone, or as I put it – Hallmark Holiday at its best OMG what do I do now. Soo, you’re at work and haven’t really thought about what to buy your loved one because you procrastinated til the last-minute and in your mind – “the pharmacy will have plenty cards left or Hallmark will be marking things down today”. Well, you might be S.O.L. at this point.
No need to worry my friend, we’ve got you covered. In the past we blogged about great gift giving ideas and where to find them, now we are going to list all of them so you have more options for a successful night and less of a failed evening ;).
10. The Love Bites Mix Tape filled with good lovin, body rockin all night jams while prepping dinner for tonight.
9. Pizza and Beer – Plain and simple – call ahead to any pizza shop and request the heart shaped special, 6 pack – DONE!
8. Overnight hotel stay – check out Loews hotel as they are offering a romantic overnight special
7. Ladies – hit up Hope Chest on Chestnut Street – ask for Jen, she’ll dress you head to toe for an amazing VDay night
6. Bake – it’s easy, sugar cookie mix from the market, follow recipe, cut and decorate – hour tops. Now, if you have time like I did, follow my recipe and enjoy this video. via instagram
3 cups flour – 2 sticks of butter – 1.50 cup of sugar 2 eggs – 1 tsp vanilla – .50 tsp of baking powder – .50 of salt
preheat oven at 350
Beat butter and sugar until blended, add eggs, vanilla and increase speed of blender. Add baking powder and salt. Complete by adding flour one cup at a time. Once blended – separate dough in 4 balls and place in plastic locked containers, store in freezer for an hour then remove each container as needed.
Roll out dough with rolling-pin and cut cookie with your favorite cookie cutter. Grease cooking tray and watch patiently til they’re done.
Decorate with store bought icing or make your own – sprinkle colored sugar and serve – good luck sharing!
5. Singles ready to mingle – Well, just hit up any bar and start chatting. Being that I’m the ultimate wingman and I make ish happen – just walk up to that hottie and start talking, plain and simple – be confident, have a couple of drinks.
4. Love notes – Tell her/him how much you love them 14 different reasons or make vouchers for 14 romantic suggestions – ask your assistant or secretary if she/he has blank envelopes and seal with a kiss. Hey, it’s worked in the past.
3. Chocolate, and not in the heart-shaped box kind – hit up Max Brenner, Lore’s or Chocolate by Mueller – all local in Philadelphia
2. OK you have until 5pm to see my friend Jesi Letton over at DeSumma and Wexler – she’s on jewelers row – tell her Ang sent ya.
1. OK we gave you plenty of ideas, I’m a girl who likes to keep it simple – dust off the Blu-Ray and pop in a movie that makes your sweetheart smile (for my it’s Moonstruck) and pick up dinner from your favorite local eatery.
Hope I was helpful in someway making this day as smooth as butter – remember that tomorrow all Valentine’s Day candy goes on sale – bonus!